Switch Account

FiOS

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

FiOS

Message 1 of 3
(436 Views)

When your only local competition is Comcast, I guess you don't have to provide a great product. Everything is slow. This is a regular occurance. It's getting worse.

YouTube loads like garbage.

Netflix loads like garbage

Imgur loads like garbage.

I see peering congestion with Above.Net, XO, Cogent, and even Level 3.

Verizon is a bully. They can't even provide good LTE coverage in major metro areas without it being terrible.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: FiOS

Message 2 of 3
(383 Views)

Since you're posting the same gripe(s) over and over and over, I have to ask....why don't you just switch to Comcast?  It's obvious that Verizon will never satisfy you and you're fortunate that you at least have a choice.

I don't have any of the problems you've described but if enough people do, and they vote with their checkbooks, maybe it will get Verizon's attention.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: FiOS

Message 3 of 3
(376 Views)

Switching to Comcast - who are just as bad - is hardly voting with my wallet.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28818403-Packet-loss-inside-Verizon-s-network

I was experiencing 3-5% packet loss yesterday starting in the afternoon and all throughout the evening. I work from home and connect to my employer's network via VPN. They use a Verizon enterprise connection with BGP. I had packet loss to them several hops before their router - all within Verizon's network.

The routing into my employer's network will hit Verizon regardless of which ISP you use to get to them and when Verizon is running terrible - which is does often lately - it affects quite a lot of people.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.