Re: FiOs is throttling my speeds
Kestrel3
Contributor - Level 2

I have been seeing the same issue -  Verizon's FIOS service (particularly the Quantum 50/25) has very slow upload speeds when connecting to any servers besides the closest Verizon one. My tests showed that upload speed dropped by half using any other server, and then got drastically worse the further away the server was, down to less than 1 Meg when testing coast-to-coast in the US.  Upload speeds to Europe were basically unusable.

Strangely, download speeds seem to stay the same no matter what server you test to though.

I am still looking for a solution.

Please see my thread here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Slow-real-world-upload-speed/td-p/654849

0 Likes
MikeKro1

Could you give detailed instructions on this? I don't see how you would enter an address range.

Thanks.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MikeKro wrote:

Could you give detailed instructions on this? I don't see how you would enter an address range.

Thanks.

Presumably this question was meant to be for erb3420??

You enter a range the same way you would on port forwarding.

When to get to the screen that shows source and destination ports select the drop down next to any and select range.

0 Likes
Kestrel3
Contributor - Level 2

What exactly does blocking those particular IP addresses do? How does it improve speeds?  

Also, Is that just for YouTube speeds?

Thanks

0 Likes
MikeKro1

>>>

Presumably this question was meant to be for erb3420??

You enter a range the same way you would on port forwarding.

When to get to the screen that shows source and destination ports select the drop down next to any and select range.>>>

Yes, thanks. Are Source and Destination the Roku box or...?

Protocol ,etc etc. I'm not a network Engineer so I have zero idea of what I'm doing here.

0 Likes