Fiber wiring to ONT for new construction install?
aphil02

I'm gut renovating a home and my contractor has mentioned that Verizon is now wanting fiber to come into the home so that the ONT can be located inside.  I've never had Verizon or Fios before (still have Comcast), but was considering getting it for this new home and want to be ready.

What type of fiber cable should be installed from the exterior of the home to the wiring closet where the ONT would be located?  (Or is it mandatory that this is done by Verizon, which is unlikely to happen before we pass the point of no return on the drywall close-in process.)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fiber wiring to ONT for new construction install?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They have to install. They run it from a connection point in a single fiber run.

Your electrician should be able to run a conduit from outside your house to the point where the ont would be installed. You could probably help Verizon by having a pull string installed for them.

View solution in original post

Re: Fiber wiring to ONT for new construction install?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They have to install. They run it from a connection point in a single fiber run.

Your electrician should be able to run a conduit from outside your house to the point where the ont would be installed. You could probably help Verizon by having a pull string installed for them.