File a Complaint Regarding Service
GDHenderson

On Saturday I experienced an internet outage, though my cable was coming through fine and I have no problems connecting to the router. I went through all the self-help guidance, including a manual reset of the ONT. The result? My cable also went out. The friendly robot on the phone told me I would need to set-up an appointment with a technician. I went online and made an appointment for the following day, with an 8am-12pm window.

The next window came and went with no technician and no phone call alerting me to an issue with the appointment. I called the service number and another friendly robot let me know that that the service technician was runnignlate and that he was now expected by 2pm. 2pm came and went without a technician and without a phone call.  I called back and an actual person let me told me the technician was still running late and would "call when he was on his way." 

The technician showed up at last at 2:35, and proceeded to scold me for not knowing how the ONT was wired through the wall (he couldn't figure out where it was plugged in and seemed to think I should no better how it was installed). He then scolded me for following the self-help instructions provided by Verizon. Abotu half an hour later he told me he would need to return on a weekday to access the apartment's telephone room. I told him our concierge could probably provide access, he said that a manager would have to let him in. We have since found out that the concierge can, and frequently does, provide telephone room access to technicians.

The technician then told us that he could have someone come by the following day, provided that we were available all day. My roommate stayed home all day. The technician never came by, nor called. I called customer service and they informed me that the techinican had closed the ticket at 9:34 am citing no access. Yet both myself and my roommate were home at that time, recevied no calls and no emails. To add insult to injury the customer service rep on the phone (admittedly at least a friendly and symapthetic fellow) advised me that there was absolutely no way to have a tech come out on Tuesday nor guarantee anything other than a four hour window on Wednesday or Thursday.  Considering the amount of my time already usurped by Verizon's incompetency I find it flabbergasting that Verizon could not at least gurantee that I be a priority service call.

Unable to take any additional time off of work to deal with this issue, I now have to wait until Friday for the next oppportunity to have the problem resolved. I need help filing a complaint with someone that actually has the authority to do something about it. At the very least I expect Verizon to refund me the 20% of the month I will have had no service.

0 Likes
Re: File a Complaint Regarding Service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi GDHenderson,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes