Filing an Official Complaint-Bad Customer Service during Disconnection Request
NurseDeb80

I moved to an apartment complex that does not have Fios services.  I called Verizon Customer Service where the Rep was rude and the manager I spoke with was even worse.  I am now charged with a $92 Termination Fee, even though I did not have the option to transfer service due to the Apartments not able to allow Fios.  The Manager stated that this is common practice and that they charge the Termination fee even if you move out of the country.  Really? That is horrible!

I also had a contract with Direct Tv, however they cancelled the contract, no questions asked with no termination fees, since they were not able to provide satellite services to where my apartment was located.  So this is not common practice.

Verizon rather charge this fee regardless of the circumstances and risk never having this customer again on service, as well as begin a horrible word of mouth path.  Why would I recommend any of Verizon's services, after this negative experience?  

Please tell me where I can file a formal complaint.  

0 Likes
Re: Filing an Official Complaint-Bad Customer Service during Disconnection Request
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NurseDeb80,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Filing an Official Complaint-Bad Customer Service during Disconnection Request
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello NurseDeb80 , As stated this issue has been resolved in your private support case. Please let us know if you need anything else.

-Mitchell

0 Likes