Finding IP Address remotely
k7rb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Is there a way to log into my Verizon account and find what IP Address has been assigned to my router? I want to be able to determine my router's IP address when I am away from home.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Finding IP Address remotely
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Are you using the VZ provided router?  Normally the DYNDNS would be run from the VZ router or whatever router contains the public IP of the VZ service. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

You would want to set up Dynamic DNS or a similiar service to have that info available to you on demand.    

k7rb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, that's my real problem. I have a dyndns account, but my IP Power strip is not properly updating the dyndns account when the Verizon IP changes. So I'm trying to figure out if there is another way to determine (remotely) my IP when it changes.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Are you using the VZ provided router?  Normally the DYNDNS would be run from the VZ router or whatever router contains the public IP of the VZ service. 

0 Likes
k7rb
Enthusiast - Level 2

THANKS! I wasn't aware of that feature - but found the correct page on the VZ MI424-WR modem/router setup and looks like it properly updates dyndns now. I think I also found my setup problem with the IP power strip as well, so looks like I am doubly covered!