FioS Privacy Concerns and Use in Billing
RajuRajan

I recently called in as my Verizon FioS bill had climed up from $55 for the 50-50 plan to $95. I was looking for a reasonable reduction in rates.

Your representative told me that I had "too many devices" in the home, and went on to try and upsell me.

I am really upset that Verizon would monitor the number and nature of devices I have within my home. All I ask is that you carry my data in and out of my house securely at the bit-rate you contracted without prying into my business. I do not understand why Verizon would record the number of users or devices in my home and use it to impact my billing.

Thanks for explaing this to me.

{edited for privacy}

ps: I'm switching over to Optimum online because they are half the price and did not ask about my devices.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: FioS Privacy Concerns and Use in Billing
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't expect Verizon to read your post.  These forums are meant for Peer to Peer support.  Only a few admins might view it and they are not really able to do anything for you about pricing.

0 Likes
Re: FioS Privacy Concerns and Use in Billing
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RajuRajan,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes