Fios 5G working with phone, not laptop?
Dan_J

This issue started this week. Fios 5G connects to both my phone and my laptop, however on my laptop it says there is no internet connection and fails to load web pages. On my phone, when connected to Fios 5G it loads any and all web pages.

I have restarted the Quantum Gateway Router, I have changed the 5G channel to 149 and restarted again, no change. I have restarted my laptop and updated the wireless card's driver and restarted, no change.

Any ideas as to why one device will see the internet but the other doesnt when they are connected to the same Fios 5G?

0 Likes
Re: Fios 5G working with phone, not laptop?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it works on the phone but not the laptop then the trouble seem to be pointing to the laptop. The card might just be going bad. 

You could buy try buying an external usb wifi device or just connect to 2.4 Ghz. 

You should get up to 75 mbps on 2.4 so unless your doing something that need more than that shouldn’t be an issue. Keep in mind only 25 mpbs is required to stream 4k. 

0 Likes
Dan_J

No, I tried connecting to other 5G routers with the same laptop and it connects and accesses the internet, it is only an issue with my Fios Quantum Gateway router.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That’s definitely a good possibility. A lot of people on here give bad feedback for the G1100. 

I personally think that the wifi in it is terrible. I have the wifi disabled on mine and have a Ubiquiti AC lite wireless access point. I get double the coverage. 

Whether you use the G1100 or not I would look into alternative wifi sources. 

0 Likes