Fios Box says “Replace Battery” - nevee
Jm1672
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Replace Battery light is on (picture 1), but as you can see in picture 2, there never was a battery to begin with. This is just used for internet, and has been working fine for the 6 months that I’ve lived here. At some point today, the box decided it wants a battery. I’ve tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, but it really wants a battery for some reason. How do I convince it that it has never needed a battery? Thanks for any help. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Box says “Replace Battery” - nevee
Jm1672
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue was that the router needed to be restarted. I saw the “Replace Battery” light and assumed that was the issue, but I guess that’s always been red and I never noticed. Thank you for your help. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As long as it is not beeping then just ignore it. There will be no impact to your internet service. Otherwise you will have to schedule a tech to come out and install a newer power adapter. 

0 Likes
Jm1672
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the internet has not been working since the light came on. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The battery is only used for phone services. It should have no impact on internet.

try simply turning the ont off and back on and it should reset.

or call 1-800-VERIZON and they can restart it from their end.

0 Likes
Jm1672
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue was that the router needed to be restarted. I saw the “Replace Battery” light and assumed that was the issue, but I guess that’s always been red and I never noticed. Thank you for your help.