Re: Fios E3200 extender issue with ethernet backhaul
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not aware that this is a known issue. It could be, as the other CL suggested, the extender opts for wireless backhaul rather than wired backhaul when you follow the manual. The manual likely does not address how to use the Ethernet backhaul. If you setup the extender in wireless backhaul mode when you really want it to be Ethernet backhaul, slow speeds may emerge.

If you are looking to buy E3200, there are alternative options available other than the E3200. Given you are using the Ethernet backhaul, any wireless router and access points would work. You can even grab a used G1100 off Ebay for less than $40 and configure it to bridge mode. G1100 has decent 802.11ac 3 x 3 WiFi around 500Mbps. For higher end products, Cisco and Aruba can also be considerations.

Re: Fios E3200 extender issue with ethernet backhaul
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a 3100 and a pair of 3200s here at home. No issues at all. 🙂

Devices are dual cabled, although the 3100 shows the Ethernet cables are active. Unplug an Ethernet cable and the device switches to RG6 coax. Reconnect the Ethernet and the unit reverts back.

Note: I have the original Tellabs 611 ONT, so, my Internet speed tops out at 75/75.