Fios Fiber Installation Damaged Ceiling ( Sheetrock)
GeoCz

The team of Verizon installers were installing fiber optic service at the Commons at Cedar Condominiums.   The installers were in the attic installing the fiber optic on second floor so had to go through the attic and stepped on the ceiling and the sheet rock is badly damaged.  Multiple cracks from the foot stepping on sheet rock rather than on the supporting lumber joist.   The Condominium management company notified the installer and someone came over to try to fix the cracks but the individual does not know what he is doing and is not capable of fixing the cracks he created.    The cracks need to be plastered several times with fiberglass tape so that the cracks do not continue to propagate throughout the ceiling and then the ceiling needs to be painted.    I stopped into the Verizon Fios store in the Wappingers plaza and told the Verizon representative who said that they would contact the Forman supervisor for that area but have not heard from anyone.  The Condominium is {edited for privacy} at Knights Bridge at Commons at Cedar condos.   Please have someone contact me so that I can get a professional sheet rock repair person to fix the cracks created by the Fios installer.    The cracks need to be patched at least 3 times with 1 day drying of patching compound between each taping with sanding and then primed with paint and painted so that the ceiling looks as it originally looked before the problem occurred.

Appreciate a name to call to get this matter resolved.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Fiber Installation Damaged Ceiling ( Sheetrock)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to assist you. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Fiber Installation Damaged Ceiling ( Sheetrock)
sneezy05

I had a similar problem on May 31st with my installation. I have called three times, written a letter including pictures and the last contact was when someone finally called me back one week ago. Yes they have my "ticket" and it is going to a supervisor. I don't know where the supervisor is but I have not heard back and the damage is still on my ceiling. Good luck!

0 Likes