Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Fios G1100 and Unifi AP-AC-LR

SOLVED
BrianHarg
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Fios G1100 and Unifi AP-AC-LR

Message 1 of 6
(2,323 Views)

My Fios router is in the basement and I do not want to try to figure out how to move it.  A couple years ago I purchased the Unifi AP-AC-LR and connected it via CAT5 (I do have drops upstairs in my house) and just set it up as its own wireless network.  It has worked great and I have wonderful coverage in my whole house and outside.  I am starting to use the Fios TV app more (ipads and phones) and since I am not connected to the Fios network, it does not let me watch all the channels - even though I am in my house.  Is there a way to setup the Unifi as more of an extender - or just another access point - but still off the main Fios G1100?  I am looking through the Unifi user guides, but do not see anything jumping out yet. 

Thanks for any help that could be provided!

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianHarg
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Fios G1100 and Unifi AP-AC-LR

Message 5 of 6
(2,197 Views)

Well - I updated my Unifi controller and updated the firmware...  and now I am in business!  I guess it pays to stay current w/ releases.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BrianHarg
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 2 of 6
(2,307 Views)

Of course - I hit enter to post and this is the next search I find... 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubiquiti/comments/9mkm6s/should_my_fios_g1100_be_in_bridge_mode_for_unifi/

Do I just need to change my Fios router wireless network to have the same SSID, and WPA2 PW/Key?  Every device in my house is connected to the Unifi network - so I would prefer not to change that if I can avoid it.

Edg1
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 6
(2,281 Views)

You shouldn’t have to change the G1100 wifi and actually it should be turned off. I use a Ubiquiti AC lite with an EdgeRouter an have no issues. Did you try deleting the app an install it again?

BrianHarg
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(2,268 Views)

Thanks for responding...  I have done that several times.  I did try to figure this out once before(https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/FiOS-TV-App-Can-t-Stream-to-My-Device/m-p...) and got no where.  At that time I figured it must have been how I installed the Unifi unit....  I did try to rename the SSID and WPA/PW for the Fios wireless to the same as the Unify and it made no difference.  I have to connect directly to the Fios wireless to stream channels even in my house... 

Any other thoughts?

BrianHarg
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(2,198 Views)

Well - I updated my Unifi controller and updated the firmware...  and now I am in business!  I guess it pays to stay current w/ releases.

View solution in original post

Simon202020
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(1,560 Views)

I am having this problem now.  I have upgraded everything and still not working.  Any ideas?  It is working on an Archer Access Point and, of course, when connected directly to the G1100

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.