Fios Gigabit offer
Jeo123

So, I keep seeing these offers for Fios Gigabit at around $90 with custom tv and phone... I pay more than that currently for less(Custom tv with 50mbps).

Yet for some reason whenever I click on the ad and sign in, it "magically" disapperas.  Is this a new customer offer only? Do I have to call verizon and cancel for a certain number of months to get that deal?

My friend just told me he's paying almost half what I do for faster internet, the same tv, and phone(not that I care about that either way).

0 Likes
Re: Fios Gigabit offer
jonjones1
Legend

The gigabyte offer is only available in certain places today. In the future maybe all over.

the single non contract price is $69.99 for internet only and some bogus Surcharge so about $72 a month. Now to increase your invoice it's $74.99 for internet & tv. However with tv the taxes will kick in. Sports fee, broadcast fees, bogus Verizon surcharges and state taxes etc. this will raise the price up to about $93 and if you add phone onto it you pay $79.99 add the charges mentioned above and now add in those phone taxes and more bogus fees and it comes to about $110 a month.

i have the internet only and after two years and after the discounts come off I will pay $138 a month for gigabyte not a bad price.

Good Luck

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of those offers are for new customers.

Which is probably why they disappear when you click.

0 Likes
Angolaroad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have wasted a lot of time on these Gigabit ads - even though it seems available in our community. But - as others have written - it seems available only to NEW customers, not current customers. If this would be Europe Verizon would most likely have already been fined millions for such deceptive business practices - as the ads don't say "new customers only." Still hoping that Verizon top management will realize this and treat old customers the same as new ones. Hopefully soon as my contract is up in about 5 weeks. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Please, stop complaining.

the gigabyte offer is available to both new and future customers. It is by availability in the locations. Nothing against present customers. I am a present customer that was 150/150 and I noticed gigabyte was available and I snapped it up for $20 more a month. So your area simply does not have it available yet. No conspiracy theory need apply.

please remember companies are not required to offer customers anything other than what is/was available at time of sign up. So I don't think Verizon is scared of fines and the like.

if the speed is not to your liking you can cancel service and get another vendor at anytime. No one is holding you hostage.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I see ad online, there is a link for offer details.

they explicitly say new customers only.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The gigabyte offer is available to existing customers via checking their account.

if available it will show up and the pricing will be shown. When I first checked my service it said would be available by certain date and it showed a $20 price increase from my 150/150 so $83 increased to $103. It then said my discounts of $10 & $25 would be dropped by 2019 (I am on no contracts) and that the $60 gigabyte credit will never expire. So existing customers will pay more. In 2019 my total cost will be $138

for life which is a good deal.

others have said at http://www.dslreports.com they had even lower pricing via haggling.

and I know you post or lurk there. I know I do. Since Karl started the site.