Fios Installation Help
atticus2171

Good afternoon. Thanks in advance for any help I can get with my issue. I have tried calling, tweeting, chatting, and now I am trying this. I am going to be totally annoying until this gets resolved. I have had Fios Internet for over a year. My wife and I built a home literally a half-mile down the street. It was pre-wired for Fios, as was the whole community. I called around Halloween and was told the quickest installation date for our community was December 8th. I wasn't happy, but so be it. A new community problem is what I figured. Leading up to that point, I had been on the phone with customer service, who told me I could keep the 100/100 speed I have now. Then I called in another day to make sure the appointment was still on, and they told me I could only do 75/75 at my house. But of course they wanted to change my plan/pricing and make me pay more for less.  I was not happy and did not agree to it, but at least my internet was getting installed on December 8th. So yesterday is December 8th. My installation is between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM. As you all guessed, no one ever shows up. I am beyond livid at this point. I talk to Verizon last night, they say maybe it is because you are in a new community, that is why no one came to install. Then why do my neighbors have Fios already? Why are there Fios trucks on the street each day installing internet at other homes? I get it is a new community, but it has been open for over three months. We are nowhere close to being the first house. The person last night wants to put in a ticket to some department so they can "verify my address." What is there to verify if tons of other people have internet already, and are getting it installed each day. Of course they said this would take 48 hours. I called back today, and like I said, I was going to be annoying. The guy on the phone was very nice and apologetic. He talked to engineering. Engineering said my address is verified, but only someone from engineering is allowed to talk to me about the install. Of course the guy who helped me had no idea when they might call me or talk to me about it. So now I am here on this forum trying another way to get something done. I have loved having Fios internet, and I would love to keep having it. But if someone doesn't give me a straight answer by 5:00 PM today, I am switiching to Xfinity. They are ready and waiting to install in our development (which is only about one mile from one of Verizon Business Headquarters). I am sick and tired of not getting anywhere with this. Furthermore, our service was disconnected yesterday at our old place. So now I am paying for something I can't even use. If this is not worked out by 5PM, I am a former Verizon customer. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Installation Help
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi atticus217,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes