Fios Installation Question
washedcalvin

Hello, I just ordered Fios 200mbps online because my other provider been having issues constantly, but the earliest Fios installation date is Jan 6, 2020 which is too far out, I work from home so internet is crucial to me. So I'm thinking of doing a self installation with my current router which is a D-Link DIR-836L. I've contacted the customer service rep and they told me I can do a self install since my building is already routed for fios, all I had to do was locate the ONT box, which is right outside my building. In the ONT box I can see a coaxial and ethernet port, the ethernet port is not in use. Can I simply connect my router via ethernet port to the ONT ethernet port and call Verizon to activate my service? or should I go to the Verizon store and pick up a self installation kit?

0 Likes
Re: Fios Installation Question
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can definitely do a self install with your D-Link, but you will have to get ethernet from the outside ONT to the router's location inside your house. Any speeds over 100 mpbs requires ethernet. The ethernet port will automatically activated for 200/200 speeds. 

0 Likes