Fios Internet Activation Fee Not Waived
Not applicable

When our family purchased our new house back in May of 2013, we had been a customer of a competitor company and decided to switch to Fios when we moved. After our Fios was installed we continued to experience glitching when watching OnDemand services; after many attempts to replace boxes, having them reset, we cancelled our service and switched back to the competitor.

Back in November of 2014, we had two young ladies visit our house while we were eating dinner who were representatives with Verizon and wanted to earn our business back. They offered a great package so we switched back. When we received our first bill, I noticed a Internet activation fee 1 of 3 for 69.99. I was never informed of this fee and contacted Verizon thru their chat option.  Not accepting the first representatives reply that the fee is only waived for orders placed online,  I then demanded to speak to a supervisor,  named Steve. After several minutes of going back and forth, he finally agreed that the fee would be waived. Unfortunately,  I didnt save the chat, so I have no proof of what was said during our conversation. 

After receiving my current bill, I still see the fee being charged and no credit being applied. So again, I contacted CS via the phone and now to be told by this representative that there is a note on the account I would be faxing a paper requesting to waive the fee. What waiver? And if I had a waiver, I certainly would have faxed it. Why does Verizon continue to make customers jump through hoops and lie about waiving a fee when there is no intention to? And yes, we habe been experiencing issues, again, with OnDemand shows.  This is completey unacceptable.  I look forward hearing a response on how my issue can be resolved. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Internet Activation Fee Not Waived
Not applicable

Good morning, I am writing to confirm that did receive an email communication from a Verizon CS representative who did issue a credit for the internet activation fee.  Thank you for resolving my issue. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JennBast06,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you LawrenceC, I look forward hearing how Verizon will resolve my issue.
0 Likes
Not applicable

Good morning, I am writing to confirm that did receive an email communication from a Verizon CS representative who did issue a credit for the internet activation fee.  Thank you for resolving my issue. 

0 Likes