Fios Internet Disconnecting from PC frequently
RickJ13

My wifi signal keeps disconnecting from my PC rather frequently- i.e. about 6-12 per two to three hour session.  I need to go to the wifi icon and reconnect the pc manually and it works for a while until it happens again.  My PC is  literally inches from the router and it appears that this pc is the only device that this is happening to.  Is it the PC proper and how do I check for this?  It is really annoying.  Any help would be appreciated. Tx.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Internet Disconnecting from PC frequently
jonjones1
Legend

I would check to see if any updates to your pc and to the wifi card that handles this function. Sometimes companies like Broadcom and there are others need or have sent up updates.

you could also remove the wireless radio and let the pc rebuild (add it back in) and see if it works as it should. You could also verify it’s the pc by going to a friend or Public wifi spot and see if it continues. If it does then you can do as I said above. If it doesn’t it could be the router or interference from another device. You can also change the wifi channel and see if that helps.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Whenever your PC disconnects from wifi then check another wireless device and see if it can still connect. That will prove whether the issue is the router or the PC. Also if the PC is inches from the router then just connect it with an ethernet cable. 

jonjones1
Legend

I would check to see if any updates to your pc and to the wifi card that handles this function. Sometimes companies like Broadcom and there are others need or have sent up updates.

you could also remove the wireless radio and let the pc rebuild (add it back in) and see if it works as it should. You could also verify it’s the pc by going to a friend or Public wifi spot and see if it continues. If it does then you can do as I said above. If it doesn’t it could be the router or interference from another device. You can also change the wifi channel and see if that helps.

Juser1

Mine does same thing and is connected to router by ethernet.  iphone never does this.  Also, a few channels are unavailable on pc that are available on iphone.  I have called Verizon with no decent explanation.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes