Fios Internet Down Five Days and Counting in Maryland - Am I the only one?
dlerner75

Verizon Support has been ever-so vague with their "we're working to fix it as quickly as we can" answers, so I have to come in here and ask:  Am I the only person in the Howard County, Maryland area that's been without internet access for the past five days?

They say this is a widespread problem, but they won't say what sort of apocalyptic catastrophe occurred on their end that would keep the internet down for this long.

It's sad that I'm finding out just how much I'm dependent on technology when I'm at home.  But beyond that sadness, there's a growing irritation, because honestly, what could possibly go so wrong that take this long (and even longer with each passing hour) to fix?

0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet Down Five Days and Counting in Maryland - Am I the only one?
lraszewski
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue hasn't been as bad as yours, but I have had intermittent loss of internet especially in the mornings the 14th through the 18th, then it went out completely until about 9 PM on the 18th, after which it was more or less fine until this evening, when it went out for about ten minutes at midnight.

I know it doesn't help in a practical way, but at least you know you're not alone 🙂

Keep in mind, we got a pretty serious soaking rain for several days the week before, so there might have been widespread equipment failures from that.

0 Likes