Fios Internet Speed Throttling
bethann322

I've had Verizon Fios for the better part of a year now and was fine for 90% of the time. We originally switched over from Comcast due to frequent outages and speed shortages. 

These past few months, however, have been a nightmare. I'm sincerely going to switch BACK to Comcast when my contract is up because of you incompetant people. I don't usually like to insult anyone, but every single person that has attempted to "help" me did not know what they are doing or know what the problem was. You lot are the most incompetant "tech support" bunch I have ever encountered.

So let me start from the beginning. As of a couple months ago, my roommates and I have been noticing a severe speed reduction in our internet. Our wifi signal would degrade to the point of nonexistent, and even our direct-connected PCs would take upwards of 10 seconds to load google.com. After doing a speedtest, it only confirmed our suspicions; we were receiving LESS THAN .5MB/S DOWNLOAD. You read that right, we had under one megabyte download for weeks. I want to note that this speedtest was conducted on several directly-connected computers and through various speedtest providers, INCLUDING YOUR OWN SPEEDTEST, VERIZON. 

At this point, we figured the router may have went bad. It happens, of course. After calling in, we managed to order a replacement router (that took 2+ hours of being transferred and providing my account information almost a dozen times, mind you. Thanks for that time saver too). That worked fine for the rest of the day only. Keep in mind that we moved the router to a different outles this time as well.

After calling in yet again, and getting the same "mandatory" tests we had to do over the phone (un plug, power cycle, perform speedtest, disconnect wifi devices, etc), we were able to now schedule a technician to come out and look at our equipment. Here's where it gets good:

The technician arrived in the evening while we were still having speed issue and I showed him the speed test. Once again, the test was at .8mb/s download speed; less than 1mbs. He had me go to other speed tests which produced similar results. The tech proceeded to replace every piece of our equipment one-by-one and test after each time. He replaced everything, including the friggen cable wires and splitters and we STILL had speed issues. He gave up at that point and told us that he has never seen this before and he needed to speak to his boss the next day.

After 2 weeks of arguing over the phone and trying to get you guys to DO SOMETHING about it, you told us that the box in the neighborhood is bad and it would take a couple days to fix. Later that week, we found out that all that was done was the box was power cycled, NOT REPLACED. 

NOTHING happened after that. EVERY TIME we call in, we have to go through the same process of menial and redundant tests on the router. I'm a computer tech myself, I KNOW HOW TO POWER CYCLE THE ROUTER, THAT'S NOT THE ISSUE. 

WHY am I paying 100$+ a month for 50gb/s download speed when I am receiving less than 1% of my services? You lot wouldn't like it if we payed less than 1% of our bill, so why are you allowed to, in turn, do the same to your customers?

I thought I got away from the headaches that were Comcast, but at this point, I would prefer the headaches over the anger and migranes Verizon causes. I can only wish that Google Fiber comes to my city soon so that you guys can lose out on customers you really don't deserve.

And yes, this was a thread to just vent to the Verizon bots that patrol the forms. Maybe one of them will email their company head to put his act together. It's also here to warn others of Verizon's terrible service and customer care. If you thought Comcast was bad, wait until you have Fios. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet Speed Throttling
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet Speed Throttling
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

matt192992,

We sent you periodic requests for information. It seems like you do not need our help, based on no response in your private thread. Therefore, we have closed you private support case. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes