Fios Internet and Two XBox Ones Full open NAT on both **Solved**
Gregor616
Enthusiast - Level 1

I could not find a Verizon Fios specific post so I am creating one. Hopefully someone will find this helpful.

What I am suggesting it to use port triggering to allow both Xboxes access to the same ports. There a lot of articles that tell you the ports and a few that talk about port triggering but none that explain how to turn it on in a Fios Router. First the ports that will need to be triggered. You will need to set all of these up in your Port Triggering Settings. I will explain how after listing them all.

You will just repeat the steps for each port.

• Port 88 (UDP)

• Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

• Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

• Port 80 (TCP)

• Port 500 (UDP)

• Port 3544 (UDP)

• Port 4500 (UDP)

• Port 16000 (UDP and TCP)

• Port 1863 (UDP and TCP)

1. Log into the router (http://192.168.1.1) the login info is on your router.

2. Click on Firewall

3. Click Yes

4. Click on Port Triggering on the Left side of the screen 

5. Click the Add... Drop down and choose custom

6. Type Xbox-One in the service Name.

7. Repeat these steps for each port listed above

1. Click New Trigger Ports

2. Choose UDP (or TCP) from the dropdown for protocol

3. Choose Single for the Source Ports Enter the number 88 (or whatever port you are adding)

4. Choose Single for the Destination Ports Enter the number 88 (or whatever port you are adding)

5. Click apply

6. Click New Opened Ports

7. Choose UDP (or TCP) from the dropdown for protocol

8. Choose Single for the Source Ports Enter the number 88 (or whatever port you are adding)

9. Choose Same as Initiating Ports for the Destination Ports.

8. Once all the TCP and UDP ports are added Click Apply on the Edit Port Triggering Rule to save it.

9. Log out of the router.

10. Hard Restart both Xbox's

1. Once the system loads go to Network Settings

2. Choose Test Multiplayer Connection

3. Before Pressing A to continue Press and hold (LB+LT+RB+RT) This will bring up the Advanced status

4. It should say Behind a cone for Nat then when you return to status (can take 60 - 90 seconds) it should say Open NAT

11. Repeat for other Xbox.

12. Congratulations you now have Open NAT.

I do work in the IT field but network security is not my strong suit. If anyone sees a flaw in what I have set up please let me know so I can correct it. My understanding is the inside devices have to initiate the ports before anything is allowed through. This should be secure from outside hacking.

I hope this can save someone from going through the headache I went through piecing this together. If it helps please say thanks, if you see something wrong let me know and I will correct it. My gamer tag is xWhatabuzzkillx.

Enjoy!

Re: Fios Internet and Two XBox Ones Full open NAT on both **Solved**
toddzillainla

hello, i have 2 xbox ones, both are hard wired, in the xbox one / settings / network / nat type is open on both, but in advanced warfare multiplayer / xboxlive / lobby screen what ever xbox one turns on first says nat type open and the 2nd one says moderate. i have one set in dmz and the other one port forwarded. i followed your instructions on port triggering and it didnt change anything, they both says open in xbox one settings and which ever xbox one turns on first has open in advanced warfare

for the life of me i cant figure out how to get open nat on both and verizon tech support has no clue either, also i have there new quatum gateway router that was supposed to work right out the box the sales rep from verizon said

0 Likes
Flinerock

I did this and one still says moderate when we both play there on static ips as well 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes