Switch Account

Fios Internet disconnects from time to time

Fios Internet disconnects from time to time

Highlighted
Contributor jiayan
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(11,722 Views)

Recently, I am having some problems with my Fios internet connection; everything is fine in one minute and then all of a sudden, it takes a long time to open up any webpage and the connection eventually dies.  It is happening on multiple comptuers, all using connecting through Wi-Fi.  And I will have to restart the Fios router to get everything back to normal again.   This happens several times a week these days which is really annoying.  Verizon tech support is no help.

Anyone has this problem and is there anything I can chcek or fix?  I am at the Philadelphia area.

2 REPLIES 2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(11,615 Views)

#1 What is the brand, model, and ver of your router?

#2 Did you try trace route?

This means if you are on Windows XP and you want to trace to google.com

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new window, called the command prompt, type in tracert google.com and press enter.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(11,567 Views)

@jiayan wrote:

Recently, I am having some problems with my Fios internet connection; everything is fine in one minute and then all of a sudden, it takes a long time to open up any webpage and the connection eventually dies.  It is happening on multiple comptuers, all using connecting through Wi-Fi.  And I will have to restart the Fios router to get everything back to normal again.   This happens several times a week these days which is really annoying.  Verizon tech support is no help.

Anyone has this problem and is there anything I can chcek or fix?  I am at the Philadelphia area.

It may be something intefering with the router. Try changing to a different wireless channel on the router. Here is a good posting from a Verizon Employee, that explains how to do that.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Why-do-I-loose-my-wireless-connection/m-p/13341#M2135

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.