Fios Internet out in WA and OR > Expected Repair no earlier than 9 PM on 7/3
Flipper

Well after waiting on hold for quite a while I was told that there is a FIOS outage in WA and OR that's affecting primarily the internet. TV and Phone are still OK, though VOD and the program guide may be impacted. The return of services is expected no earlier that 9PM tonight (the 3rd). Supposedly there was a fire somewhere.

Is there a way we can lookup outage information on the internet, or is there a proactive means for reaching out to Fios customers to notify them of outages? It seems like this would be a big benefit to Verizon customers, as I had to waste an hour on the phone before I got this information. Something like an automated SMS message or phone call would be a good way to save Verizon subscribers time.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet out in WA and OR > Expected Repair no earlier than 9 PM on 7/3
FIOSSCHMIOS
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm back up in Everett, WA (north of Seattle) @ 10:20 AM. I called in a little after 9 AM and when I got to the tech support menu it told me there was an outage in my area. It would be nice to have an online dashboard with service status though...
0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet out in WA and OR > Expected Repair no earlier than 9 PM on 7/3
Flipper
Up for me as well!
0 Likes
Flipper

Looks like a fire at the Fisher Data Center in Seattle knocked out power which was the source of the outage. Verizon's supplying their own generators so kudo's to them!

http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Seattle_data_center_fire_knocks_out_Bing_Travel_other_Web_sites_49876777.html

0 Likes