Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Fios Internet

SOLVED
tspev
Contributor
Contributor

Fios Internet

Message 1 of 5
(787 Views)

Is it possible to have Fios Internet with out having Fios TV? I currently have Internet, TV, Digital voice with verizon as well as my cell phones. I have no need for the TV aspect of it and was wondering if it is possible to keep the digital voice and internet with out the TV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Fios Internet - You Can Easily "Downsize"

Message 2 of 5
(775 Views)

@tspev wrote:

Is it possible to have Fios Internet with out having Fios TV? I currently have Internet, TV, Digital voice with verizon as well as my cell phones. I have no need for the TV aspect of it and was wondering if it is possible to keep the digital voice and internet with out the TV.

You can do this.  You will still need the ONT and the router, but you can unload any STBs or DVRs you're using.  You should be able to make the changes online, but be prepared for possible complications.  If I wanted to do this change, I'd be inclined to talk direct to a CSR.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Fios Internet - You Can Easily "Downsize"

Message 2 of 5
(776 Views)

@tspev wrote:

You can do this.  You will still need the ONT and the router, but you can unload any STBs or DVRs you're using.  You should be able to make the changes online, but be prepared for possible complications.  If I wanted to do this change, I'd be inclined to talk direct to a CSR.

View solution in original post

jrick
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fios Internet

Message 3 of 5
(612 Views)

Can I get FiOS Internet by itself (no TV or phone)??

Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 5
(597 Views)

@jrick wrote:

Can I get FiOS Internet by itself (no TV or phone)??

Yes you can. Just call in and order. On the website you'll need to undo the bundles which are presented by default. It should just be a series of checkboxes.

viafax999
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 5
(595 Views)

@tspev wrote:

Yes, also means, if you so desireded, that you could use your own high speed router in place of the the moca connected Veerizon one.

Just request the ont to be provisioned for ethernet access and then change the router.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.