Fios Internet
tspev1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it possible to have Fios Internet with out having Fios TV? I currently have Internet, TV, Digital voice with verizon as well as my cell phones. I have no need for the TV aspect of it and was wondering if it is possible to keep the digital voice and internet with out the TV.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Internet - You Can Easily "Downsize"
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@tspev wrote:

Is it possible to have Fios Internet with out having Fios TV? I currently have Internet, TV, Digital voice with verizon as well as my cell phones. I have no need for the TV aspect of it and was wondering if it is possible to keep the digital voice and internet with out the TV.

You can do this.  You will still need the ONT and the router, but you can unload any STBs or DVRs you're using.  You should be able to make the changes online, but be prepared for possible complications.  If I wanted to do this change, I'd be inclined to talk direct to a CSR.

View solution in original post

Re: Fios Internet - You Can Easily "Downsize"
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@tspev wrote:

You can do this.  You will still need the ONT and the router, but you can unload any STBs or DVRs you're using.  You should be able to make the changes online, but be prepared for possible complications.  If I wanted to do this change, I'd be inclined to talk direct to a CSR.

Re: Fios Internet
jrick2

Can I get FiOS Internet by itself (no TV or phone)??

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jrick wrote:

Can I get FiOS Internet by itself (no TV or phone)??

Yes you can. Just call in and order. On the website you'll need to undo the bundles which are presented by default. It should just be a series of checkboxes.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tspev wrote:

Yes, also means, if you so desireded, that you could use your own high speed router in place of the the moca connected Veerizon one.

Just request the ont to be provisioned for ethernet access and then change the router.

0 Likes