Fios Internet
mlwood739

Well I was just in the middle of having a conversation through chat with Amanda, a customer service representative, until I was told my session was going to timeout and I needed to refresh. Nice. Anyways, I just had to order a network extender to add on to the great amount I pay a month for alleged amazing service. I chose the 150Mbps internet for the sole purpose that my boyfriend has an xbox and plays online. According to you all, as long as he is connected to the 5Ghz network, all should be great. Especially since we selected one of the top speeds. He is connected to it, the sole device it is connected with. Well he has had connectivity issues since we started, but he never had that issue where he lived before (with fios). The fact that we live in an 873SF apartment with "top notch" internet, and his xbox being 10ft away from the router, and we are in a position that we have to pay MORE for "better" internet connection is outrageous. We are definitely not receiving our monies worth.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet
jonjones1
Legend

@mlwood739 wrote:

Well I was just in the middle of having a conversation through chat with Amanda, a customer service representative, until I was told my session was going to timeout and I needed to refresh. Nice. Anyways, I just had to order a network extender to add on to the great amount I pay a month for alleged amazing service. I chose the 150Mbps internet for the sole purpose that my boyfriend has an xbox and plays online. According to you all, as long as he is connected to the 5Ghz network, all should be great. Especially since we selected one of the top speeds. He is connected to it, the sole device it is connected with. Well he has had connectivity issues since we started, but he never had that issue where he lived before (with fios). The fact that we live in an 873SF apartment with "top notch" internet, and his xbox being 10ft away from the router, and we are in a position that we have to pay MORE for "better" internet connection is outrageous. We are definitely not receiving our monies worth.

However complaining about it here is for naught. This is a peer to peer user forum.

so my advice to you is don't chat call 1-800-VERIZON and speak to a representative about your speed and money issues.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

At 10Ft away, consider wiring in the game console. As a gamer, gaming on Wi-Fi is like playing with fire. It's going to let you down when in a fight. I say that as someone who engineers Wi-Fi for large apartment complexes at the moment.

To troubleshoot more, do we know if the paid-for speeds are being delivered? Confirm that speed tests are good while wired into the router. The speed test should show a steady speed, rather than something which is jumpy or spikes. Verify this with a laptop. 

You probably don't need the network extender either. Unless you're in a really big suite.