Re: Fios Issues with Watching Netflix and Youtube - FIXED!!
Pghuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much!  After 3 weeks, two service calls lasting hours with no resolution and much frustration this fix worked beuatifully!  Computer was up immeduately and after restarting the Roku it came on as well. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios Issues with Watching Netflix and Youtube
Randall21

I'm having the same issue in the Pittsburgh area but it is also affecting Google Play/android app downloads and streaming music.  I just talked with Fios support and they said that this is a known issue on their side and that they are going to be resolving it on 12/30/17 between 3-6am ET.

0 Likes
BleedingGreen

I like in the North Hills area of Pittsburgh and was experiencing the same issues with both Netflix and YouTube via Fios Internet.   I could not get them to stream on either an AppleTV, Ipad, or computer when connected to our Wifi.  They only worked via 3G, so I knew it was not a Netflix issue based on what I read here and how it worked via 3G. 

Menchyk's process he describes by RELEASING the DHCP lease on the router and getting a new IP address DOES THE TRICK!   It now works and for those of you having similar issues, please see his instructions in a previous post.   

Thank you, Menchyk!

0 Likes
menchyk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m with the North Hills of Pittsburgh as well. I have a feeling that a block of their IP addresses are being blacklisted by some services. It seems like complete IP blocks/schemes are being black listed.

When I was within the old IP scheme nothing worked. The old IP block was 74.111.114.xxx. I was served a few different IPs writhing that block and they all failed.

I now in the 98.111.225.xxx IP block and everything works great. If you are still having issues I would try following this process until you get an IP address that is outside of your current IP block.

For those of you that it is working for, you are very welcome.  I can’t believe that their support was unable to figure this out.  The solution they kept giving me was to reboot my router and to turn it off for 5 hours and then restart it. It’s unbelievable that their support service is this poor.

0 Likes
chel01281

Thanks a million times over! I recieved a new Quantum Router today, installed it, and BOOM, no netflix on my tv's(Samsung) or apple tv's  I could get it on my ios devices and Mac, but nothing else.  I recycked my router and my Eero's about 5 times, plus did a complete reset of my Apple TV...very frustratiing.

Followed your directions completely and now fully back on all my devices.  (Note--My HBONOW was also doing the same thing as Netflix...this fixed that one too!).

Happy New Year!

0 Likes
Re: Netflix suddenly not working on wifi
brenh80
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMG, you pegged it!!

0 Likes
brenh80
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I hate to say it but I am glad it's not just me.  They were NOT very helpfull.  Said it was new so....  ugh

menchyk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find it completly AWFUL that they were not able to figure this out or make the same suggestion. It shows shows how inept their tech support is. Their suggestions to me were completly irrelevent and made no sense.

I guess thats what you get when you farm out support, over seas, to the lowest bidder. They should be ashamed... and they should figure out why some IPs dont work or are blacklisted.  Before they can do that, they need to figure out what I figured out which they dont seem capable of doing.

The other thing they did as a slap in the face was that they sent me an email telling me that their technicians have fixed the issue and all should be right with the world again. I sent them back a big message.... 

Well, i'm glad its working for the majority of people that have tried it. FIOS is great, but God forbid anything goes wrong..  Happy 2018 to all!

0 Likes
cck6
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is awesome definitely fixed the prob! 

0 Likes
Re: Fios Issues with Watching Netflix and Youtube
domsimz

I am having the same issue.  Was on with Verizon support, my non-smart HD TV works fine with Netflix.  The smart TV has an issue.  Tech is sending out a new box. Will see if that works.  Youtube I could hear the audio but no video.

0 Likes