Fios Network Configuration
MikeG21

Hi,

I could use some help understanding how all the Fios pieces fit together. Using Fios One STBs, G1100 router and the WCB6200Q FNE.

I'm trying to install a FNE so I can get an ethernet port in my home office and get a wireless signal closer to a Fios One mini box connected over wifi. The FNE coax LED is off but the other LEDs are on. I'm not sure if it is a wiring problem or something else.

The technician set up the G1100 and connected both ethernet and coax. My older fios system (different home) just had coax to the router. Are both connections actually being used as the coax wasn't connected until I added the Fios One boxes as I recall.

Is there any reason the main Fios One main box needs to be near the G1100? I'd like to switch the main box with a mini so I can use the surrond sound on a different TV.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Network Configuration
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ethernet connects from the ONT and is you WAN connection to the internet. If your internet speed is 150 mbps or above the connection to the router has to be on ethernet. 

The coax connects to the router to create a MoCA LAN Network for your STBs and FNE. If the coax light is not on your FNE that means it is not getting a signal from the coax. Make sure all the coax in your house is connected at the splitter.

The Fios TV One main doesn’t necessarily need to be next the G1100 but it does need to be connected to the coax. Only the minis can be wireless. 

View solution in original post

Re: Fios Network Configuration
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ethernet connects from the ONT and is you WAN connection to the internet. If your internet speed is 150 mbps or above the connection to the router has to be on ethernet. 

The coax connects to the router to create a MoCA LAN Network for your STBs and FNE. If the coax light is not on your FNE that means it is not getting a signal from the coax. Make sure all the coax in your house is connected at the splitter.

The Fios TV One main doesn’t necessarily need to be next the G1100 but it does need to be connected to the coax. Only the minis can be wireless.