Fios Price Increase
icepick314

I just noticed my bill increased from $69.99 to $72.99.

Is this the start of Verizon trying to push internet-only customer to internet/TV/phone package?

I mean nothing really changed for me...no increase in speed, support, or any extra. All I've been doing is watching streaming TV and downloading and playing games.

**bleep**!

0 Likes
Re: Fios Price Increase
jonjones1
Legend

@icepick314 wrote:

I just noticed my bill increased from $69.99 to $72.99.

Is this the start of Verizon trying to push internet-only customer to internet/TV/phone package?

I mean nothing really changed for me...no increase in speed, support, or any extra. All I've been doing is watching streaming TV and downloading and playing games.

**bleep**!

I noticed in two months ago invoice a sneaky $3 increase listed on the back page of the invoice. I immediately called and said I would drop the internet only service so for a $36 increase per year, I take almost $3,000.00 away to another provider.

verizon had a nice gal credit my account the $36 as a loyality credit. In the new invoice from last month there was no increase, nor did I see any loyalty credit. However I had told verizon any games and I go to charter spectrum. 

0 Likes
lcr4

This seems to occur regularly (5/24/2021). I just received an increase of $6/month + tax. May not sound like much, but it is an 8.6% increase (from $70 to $76). This is described as an annual cost (increase).The only explanation is that they had to raise prices because their suppliers are raising prices. They raised the price on ALL packages by $6 - regardless of what programming is in the package (so if some sport or other premium programming is increasing , we ALL get to pay). Last time I looked, inflation was below 3% and I don't recall any price increase approved by FCC.

You do get a recommendation from Verizon - consider switching packages (pay more and still incur increase). Or - switch providers.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes