Fios Quantum Gateway Router - LAN Connectivity Issues
skim32

Anyone notice any weird LAN connectivity issues recently?  I am not sure if there was a recent firmware update or something, but I am currently experiencing strange issue on my lan.   So I have a few devices on my network.  I have a Amazon Firestick, HDHomerun Prime, and Insteon Hub.  These specific devices I am having the most problems with.  So periodically I am unable to cast video from my phone or tablet to the Fire Stick.  Sometimes it would take several minutes for my phone to detect the Fire Stick.  But if I ping my firestick from  my phone before i try to cast, it connects isntantly.  Same thing goes with my HDHomerun Prime.  For some reason my Fire Stick and my Phone cannot find my HDHomerun Prime on the network.  Buut, if I ping the HDHomerun Prime prior to opening the HD HomeRun App, it connects fine.  A similar issue seems to be happening with my Insteon hub.  It's almost as if my devices are unable to automatically discover each other on the network, until I ping the other device first. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios Quantum Gateway Router - LAN Connectivity Issues
jonjones1
Legend

On many routers there are a sleep function which can be called power saver, or a setting that turns off the lans when not in use. I know on my Netgear I found the settings and clicked the feature off. And god don’t ask me how 😀

if you look look on the Quantum router user guide it may cover the issue.

0 Likes
skim32

Thanks for the tip.  I will look around the router settings.  Maybe there is a uPNP settings somewhere too I can look at.  Just strange.  It was working fine until just  a couple days ago.  Anyone know if Verizon has pushed a patch for the WPA2 KRACK vulnerability?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Plug & play is on there.

some people are having 5 Ghz connectivity issues and claim a firmware update.

however the posted firmware number has not changed. If a patch, would it show as updated? 

Could also be wake on lan issues which is also a setting on the router.

0 Likes
NoHighSpeed
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've have no issues with the 2.4 GHz band, but the 5 GHz high speed band constantly stops working.  It can be reset, but the issue comes back the next day.

Verizon says they have no fix for the Quantum router issue yet.  Several other folks I've talked to in nearby towns are having the same Verizon problem, all just with 5 GHz connectivity.  This is apparently a fairly widespread issue, according to Internet forums, where the problem is being attributed to a new firmware version that Verizon pushed out several weeks ago.

0 Likes