Fios Quantum Router any good?
Bweb-95

So I just upgraded my internet plan from the 25/25 Mbps to 100/100 Mbps. I use wifi and I was getting 30/26 Mbps and now I get 60/60 Mbps. I am kinda of disspointed thats its not closer to 100 for both up and down speeds. I have the red and black actiontec router hooked up right now. I got a quatum gateway router but I read a lot of bad things about it so far. I have seen a lot people complain about the router dropping the connection so I have not hooked it up yet. Which one is better tto use the qateway or the actiontec? 

0 Likes
Re: Fios Quantum Router any good?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the gateway and have not had issues.

But some have. So I would say give it a try.

As for WiFi performance, it depends on several factors.

Hardware using it (is PC, tablet etc) could affect it.

As can interference from electrical devices or other WiFi routers.

And the number of devices connected to WiFi at one time

And any tests you run should only be to speed test.Verizon.net

That tests connection to Verizon network which is all they guarantee for speed.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Bweb-95 wrote:

So I just upgraded my internet plan from the 25/25 Mbps to 100/100 Mbps. I use wifi and I was getting 30/26 Mbps and now I get 60/60 Mbps. I am kinda of disspointed thats its not closer to 100 for both up and down speeds. I have the red and black actiontec router hooked up right now. I got a quatum gateway router but I read a lot of bad things about it so far. I have seen a lot people complain about the router dropping the connection so I have not hooked it up yet. Which one is better tto use the qateway or the actiontec? 

For the 100/100 Mbps service you should use G1100 router to be able to get the full ethernet speed from the ont to the router.  As the g1100 also incorporates AC wifi it is possible, not guaranteed, that you may get better speeds over wireless.

0 Likes
Fetter-Beck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the new quantum router and we have had nothing but issues with constsntly dropping wifi signal in the house.  

0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
If you have Verizon Fios Router Actiontec MI424WR Rev , it only supports 2.4 ghz for wifi. I have that router and 100/100 service but was getting wifi speeds below 20. I added a router in bridge mode which supports 5.0 GHZ and now I get wifi speeds of about 70 up and 80 down
0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
I just changed from the red black router to a quantum router which supports 2.4 ghz and 5.0 ghz. With the quantum router my wifi speeds are essentially the same as my wired speeds of 100/100
0 Likes