Fios Router to ONT question
Michan1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently moved into an apartment that already has a Fios ONT installed. So I order internet only from Fios and ordered the Fios Quantum router to go with it. However, when hooking up the router to the ONT to the router, nothing happens. I plug in both the Coax cable and the ethernet cable, yet the little globe icon on the router stays red. Is there something on the ONT that needs looked at? Do I have to call Verizon about switching the ONT to ethernet? Here is what I am looking at, by the way. image

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Router to ONT question
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That ONT is not online. The MGMT light should be green. Like other poster Is your order definitely complete? The only thing you can really try is to unplug the ONT for 30 seconds and then plug back in. Also if there is a battery make sure to disconnect it during the reboot process. 

After that you will have to call Verizon to troubleshoot. If they can’t do anything they will need to send out a tech to fix or swap ONT. 

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I assume your order was completed.

When you connect router to ont via Ethernet you connect to router wan port?

Do you get a link light when you do that?

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That ONT is not online. The MGMT light should be green. Like other poster Is your order definitely complete? The only thing you can really try is to unplug the ONT for 30 seconds and then plug back in. Also if there is a battery make sure to disconnect it during the reboot process. 

After that you will have to call Verizon to troubleshoot. If they can’t do anything they will need to send out a tech to fix or swap ONT.