quick menu

Fios Router to ONT question

Fios Router to ONT question

SOLVED
Contributor Michan
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(241 Views)

I recently moved into an apartment that already has a Fios ONT installed. So I order internet only from Fios and ordered the Fios Quantum router to go with it. However, when hooking up the router to the ONT to the router, nothing happens. I plug in both the Coax cable and the ethernet cable, yet the little globe icon on the router stays red. Is there something on the ONT that needs looked at? Do I have to call Verizon about switching the ONT to ethernet? Here is what I am looking at, by the way. 15652262600495611052665594673543.jpg

15652263841372104687573268454498.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(228 Views)

I assume your order was completed.

When you connect router to ont via Ethernet you connect to router wan port?

Do you get a link light when you do that?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 3 of 3
(190 Views)

That ONT is not online. The MGMT light should be green. Like other poster Is your order definitely complete? The only thing you can really try is to unplug the ONT for 30 seconds and then plug back in. Also if there is a battery make sure to disconnect it during the reboot process. 

After that you will have to call Verizon to troubleshoot. If they can’t do anything they will need to send out a tech to fix or swap ONT. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios