Fios Technican Damaged our Home -First Day Moved in - Drilled into Studs 10X!!
Wolverines19
Dear Verizon,

We moved into our new house yesterday, we only had the keys for an hour and could not have been more excited!!! 

VZ technician arrived but could not find the cat 5 cable even though he knew service FiOS was installed there. My wife and I (at least twice) told him there were cables upstairs and he said 'those won't be for downstairs'. He didn't even look this is important.

Instead he starts drilling 10!!! huge holes in our wall. He somehow didnt realize after the first mistake hole that he was hitting a STUD and proceeds with 9 more holes directly into two studs!!!! Then after I catch what he did - he was trying to quickly cover it up and we were looking after our baby he has the audacity to say this is normal and that he wants to drill more and make a bigger hole. The damage to the structure wasn't bad enough!  So we have a hole in our wall with 10 holes in the boards holding up our second floor - on the day we moved into our dream home - thanks VZ. We understand mistakes happen but this was careless and not one apology did we receive. The technician instead tried to cover it up and told his boss would call to explain it's 'normal'. It's absurd is what it is. Needless to say we will be getting a contractor estimate to repair the damage (photo attached).

Oh yeah and those cables upstairs that "wouldn't be for the downstairs?" That was the cable he used to install FiOS...

Don't see how we can move past this with VZ will probably switch to another provider
0 Likes
Re: Fios Technican Damaged our Home -First Day Moved in - Drilled into Studs 10X!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wolverines19,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes