Fios Westell Model 9100EM firmware issue
Tinkertron1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So i'm a born again Fios Internet owner, since I move from an area where I had Fios to an area that didn't and now move again to an area that has it.

I was given a cd about my router, and saw information about updating the firmware. I log into the router control panel where it asked about the URL to the firmware. I did not know, so I Google the model and firmware, and I was brought to this POST...

So I looked up the fireware for my router and they provided a firmware of 1.02.00.04, but the firmware on my router currently is 1.03.00.08. Of course it wouldn't allow me to install the downgrade, but why isn't the 1.03.00.08 not on there?

Fios Router Firmware Download Site

Re: Fios Westell Model 9100EM firmware issue
wherestheanykey
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's actually a good thing 1.03.00.08 isn't on there.

It breaks routers, as you can see from the post I made a couple days ago: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Where-have-all-my-router-s-features-gone-Westell-9100EM/t...

But, if you're really interested, here's the URL for the firmware: http://download.verizon.net/webdownload/firmware/upgrades/westell_router_9100em/A90-9100EM15-10-1.03...

Also, if you read through my post, downgrading is possible, but it takes more work than the average user may be willing to do (and even still, Verizon forces new updates on your router, even if you don't agree to them).

Re: Fios Westell Model 9100EM firmware issue
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Tinkertron wrote:

So I looked up the fireware for my router and they provided a firmware of 1.02.00.04, but the firmware on my router currently is 1.03.00.08. Of course it wouldn't allow me to install the downgrade, but why isn't the 1.03.00.08 not on there?

Fios Router Firmware Download Site

I assume your router is working fine?  Is it by any chance a Rev B router?.   Mine is a Rev B and I have had no issues.  The other poster who is reporting issues with firmware 1.03.00.08 is using a Rev A router

0 Likes