Fios and VSS with McAfee
JonJ1

I have Verizon Fios internet with Windows XP.  Ever since VSS upgraded to McAfee, my internet cuts out when my computer goes into sleep mode.  Everytime I "wake up" my computer, I have no internet connection.  I have to unplug my ethernet cord from the router & then plug it back in.  The internet then resets & connects.  I called Verizon & they had a rep from McAfee net-op into my computer & found their software was running properly.  It appears to be a setting on my computer.  Anyone else have this problem, or know how to solve it?

0 Likes
Re: Fios and VSS with McAfee
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Put your computer into Sleep Mode and then wake it from sleep after about a minute. From there, observe the network icon down at the bottom of your screen where the clock is. It will either be an icon with two PCs on it, a PC with Radio waves coming out of it, Wireless Bars or it will be a PC screen with a cable in front of it. If you see any yellow exclamation/alert icon instead of the typical connection icon, this will be a start.

If you see a yellow icon, go to Start > Run and enter in "cmd" and then press OK, OR search "cmd" from the Start Menu search bar and open the cmd application. When Command Prompt opens up, type in the following command:

ipconfig

Press Enter. When the results appear, right click the Window and choose Select All. From there, press Enter to Copy the data and paste it to a post. This information will show me if your Network Interface Device is actually connected, and if your system has valid IP address information from the router upon waking up.

0 Likes