Fios availability
rb20121

I've been trying to find out from various customer service reps if Verizon fios will be available in my area. We live in an area that is not listed as having fios available BUT we definitely have fiber optic cables in front of our house. I was supposed to receive a call back from a Verizon customer service rep after he checked with the engineering dept but this was several days ago and no call back yet. Tried again and keep getting the run around with customer service agents. They keep saying fios isn't available at my address currently but I want to know if those are fios lines being run in front of my house, even if they are not available for use now. How can I find out?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios availability
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the trucks that installed the fiber said Verizon contractor, it will probably be available at some point.

Verizon doesn't comment on when service will be available for competitive reasons. When it starts getting close, you should see door hangers advertising that service is coming.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the trucks that installed the fiber said Verizon contractor, it will probably be available at some point.

Verizon doesn't comment on when service will be available for competitive reasons. When it starts getting close, you should see door hangers advertising that service is coming.

rb20121

Thanks for responding. We just purchased our house and the lines were installed before the house went on the market so I'm not sure if the truck said Verizon Contractor. I've been trying to see if any Verizon trucks come out to our road but so far nothing. Fios is definitely available up the road (about 1 mile away) but not where we are yet. I was just hoping to get confirmation that they are definitely fiber lines. A tech from a satellite internet company told us we had fiber lines outside our house otherwise we would have had no clue.

0 Likes
fastmark
Enthusiast - Level 1

I myself have seen trucks in the area for the past few months. In the chat they said avlablity would  start in June. Then they said by the first of July. Now they said they there is a delay with no time frame. I live in Northbridge MA. 2 miles from the Mendon, MA line. Fios map shows speedway gas with Fios approximately 1 mile from my house.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes