Fios availablility
Cozy2522

I have a question, when I go to (http://fios.verizon.com/fios-bundles.html) and enter my zip code (62439) it says internet is available to me. However when I go to Shop Now and enter my full address it says "The address you entered is not served by Verizon. Please re-enter your address."

Verizon is fairly big in my area especially with 6 towers going up in the last year but thats for cellphones. My question is why would it say yes on one but no on another? Is it just for businesses in my city or does that mean it's coming soon? Just looking for some clarification as I want to swap ISP's, I'm on my last nerve with my current.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios availablility
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Verizon sold off their landlines in Illinois several years to Frontier.

No chance FIOS is coming to Illinois.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Cozy2522 wrote:

I have a question, when I go to (http://fios.verizon.com/fios-bundles.html) and enter my zip code (62439) it says internet is available to me. However when I go to Shop Now and enter my full address it says "The address you entered is not served by Verizon. Please re-enter your address."

Verizon is fairly big in my area especially with 6 towers going up in the last year but thats for cellphones. My question is why would it say yes on one but no on another? Is it just for businesses in my city or does that mean it's coming soon? Just looking for some clarification as I want to swap ISP's, I'm on my last nerve with my current.

Who is your current land line provider (at your address)?

0 Likes
Cozy2522

It's New Wave communications formerly Avenue broadband and Charter before that.

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Verizon sold off their landlines in Illinois several years to Frontier.

No chance FIOS is coming to Illinois.

0 Likes
Cozy2522

OK, thank you for the response. Verizon should fix their website to reflect this upon entering it into the forms.

0 Likes