Fios avalibility
nymarine914

I live in a cul de sac on top of a hill, almost 5 years ago my community had cable ran up the hill, the only thing left to do is distrubute it to the homes. I have moved in 2 years ago and have been waiting passionately asking the sales people every time I see them at the store if they have a time line and they all tell me they cant provide one. I am lossing my mine now that xfinity has bumped my bill up to 80+ dollars for 200 Megabytes that feels like they throatily on a weekly bases.  I cant stand sitting around waiting any more when the cable is so close to my house, is there anything I can do, file, or something?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios avalibility
jonjones1
Legend

Many times the HOA settles on one provider over another. In this case it was cable.

it would then make getting Fios almost impossible.

you could get the whole HOA to hold a meeting and make a resolution to all Verizon Fios into your closed community. But that also is iffy. But try it.

View solution in original post

JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know by chance if any nearby homes have service? 

Often times Verizon ignores requests unless you state a house near you has FiOS, then they take immediate notice.

Regardless, try giving the Verizon phone number a call. The 1-800 number has made 100x more progress than the in-store sales people from my experience (they can dispatch engineers, etc). 

Best of luck, if you still can't get their attention after that perhaps a moderator here could esclate your request internally. 

nymarine914

According to the HOA president none of my neighbors have service. The circle is where he says they stopped laying the cable, When I call they just say its not avalible in my area and regester me for the email list.image

When you say near, how close does near mean? I use to live a mile and a half down the road and the whole community had it there.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Many times the HOA settles on one provider over another. In this case it was cable.

it would then make getting Fios almost impossible.

you could get the whole HOA to hold a meeting and make a resolution to all Verizon Fios into your closed community. But that also is iffy. But try it.

JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oh, I didn't realize you were in an HOA.

I'm currently battling the same issue with a friend of mine trying to get FiOS installed. Its up to the HOA, as Jon said you have to convice them to move forward.