Fios battery replacement
Jes58

I replaced my Fios back up battery following the directions that came with it. The green battery light did not light up when the new battery was connected.  What did I do wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios battery replacement
jonjones1
Legend

@Jes58 wrote:

I replaced my Fios back up battery following the directions that came with it. The green battery light did not light up when the new battery was connected.  What did I do wrong?

Two possibilities come to my mind.

you have a bad battery or you have to click on a reset switch.

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/battery-backup

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Jes58 wrote:

Two possibilities come to my mind.

you have a bad battery or you have to click on a reset switch.

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/battery-backup

Good Luck

0 Likes
Jes58

Thank you for your response and for the link.  If I had seen that before buying the battery, I wouldn't have bothered!  ( don't really care about the back up voice service!)

i unplugged the the system and plugged it back in-- while unplugged the battery light lit up green and then went off when  powered the system.  I will assume it's working-- at least the beeping stopped!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Jes58 wrote:

Thank you for your response and for the link.  If I had seen that before buying the battery, I wouldn't have bothered!  ( don't really care about the back up voice service!)

i unplugged the the system and plugged it back in-- while unplugged the battery light lit up green and then went off when  powered the system.  I will assume it's working-- at least the beeping stopped!

Yep that's it 😀

0 Likes