Fios drilled through Gas Line - Will not inspect or repair
FiosGasDrill
Enthusiast - Level 1

On Friday, 10/25/19, Verizon Fios technicians came to my home to install Fios. On Saturday (10/26), when moving in, we discovered there was a gas leak. After getting the gas shutoff by National Grid and thorough inspection by both National Grid and the contractor who built the home, we discovered that Verizion technicians drilled through our gas line when bringing fiber into the house. I have contacted them on 10/27 and twice on 10/28 and they keep telling me that someone will call me soon. However, having the gas shut-off is a major issue and they do not seem to take it as a priority. I have waited more than one 24-hour period, the time they quoted, and still no help. 

Has anyone had experience with situations like this? Will they try and argue that it isn't there fault? How often does Verizon cause major damage and try to avoid the customer?

0 Likes
Re: Fios drilled through Gas Line - Will not inspect or repair
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader
Re: Fios drilled through Gas Line - Will not inspect or repair
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FiosGasDrill,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes