Fios extender problem
Cognin1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased & received 2 WCB6200Q Extenders from Fios , it seems fine. But I have found out only one works, if I turned off one of them, and power on the other one, it will work but only one will work, the first power on one.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios extender problem
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok great. The only reason I mentioned the set-top boxes is because if you have older 2500s or 6200/6416s models they will limit the MoCA clients to 7 total. This includes 1 for the router, 2 for the extenders, and however many set-top boxes you have connected. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like a MoCA issue. Do you have FiOS TV as well? If so, do you older set-top boxes? When both turned on is the coax light on?

Cognin1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I do have Fios TV and phone.  I did notice the second extender coax light was off, so I unplug the coax cable, removed the spliter that connects to the TV and extender, connect the extender directly to the cable, now both extender working at the same time ! 

Guess just need to find a way to watch TV later. 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok great. The only reason I mentioned the set-top boxes is because if you have older 2500s or 6200/6416s models they will limit the MoCA clients to 7 total. This includes 1 for the router, 2 for the extenders, and however many set-top boxes you have connected. 

Cognin1
Enthusiast - Level 2

That makes sense, I do have a few stuff connected to the cable, 😞

Thanks for your help.