Fios installation date nightmare
kken21

I contacted Verizon last week (October 26th) to get my service set up. I just moved to a new construction area, and the project manager said that Verizon had been out there wiring into the homes (that had already been built). They said the earliest date was November 25th, and given that I work from home, internet is required. Initially, I spoke with a man who, after talking with his supervisor and the dispatch engineering team, said he could have them come October 31st or November 1st. I never heard back from him. I then spoke with another woman, who claims to be a supervisor, who explained how the system defaults to 30 days for installation in areas that are new construction. She said she would reach out to me with any details. Radio silence. My boyfriend called on November 3rd, was able to somehow get our installation date moved up to November 10th- I even got an email confirmation of it. However, I just received a call from Verizon saying that they cannot fulfill the promised date (of November 10th) and the earliest is still November 25th.

I'm so fed up with this situation, and the disconnect between all of the service agents I've spoke with. I do not understand how it takes 30 days to get some engineers to come out to our location (the conduits are in my front yard, so it's ready to go). Does anyone have any sort of advice or suggestions on how to get this resolved? I wanted to stick with Verizon but if it's going to take 30 days that isn't going to be possible.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Fios installation date nightmare
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kken21,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes