Fios internet but no TV?
jrich3000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon wired my whole town of Boylston, MA with fiber several years ago and started offering Fios internet and phone,with TV to follow. It's been years now and still no TV. I have Fios internet and phone service already, the fiber connection comes right to the house. No TV is offered, and I HATE my cable company,Charter. The town claims they have invited Verizon to offer Fios TV several times, but Verizon doesn't want to offer it. Calls to Verizon say they have no plans to offer TV. My phone call to the local Verizon rep the town communicates with got no response or reply. The fiber infrastructure exists, many people in town want it, the official town respnse is that they asked Fios to offer TV, but Verizon says no go. Why? Frankly,I'mgetting tired of receiving offer after offer by email and snail mai lto expand my Fios bundle to include TV, though it's not available. Any help out there? 

0 Likes
Re: Fios internet but no TV?
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@jrich3000 wrote:

the official town respnse is that they asked Fios to offer TV, but Verizon says no go. Why?  

Chances are the town is asking too much in concessions ($$$) from VZ for a TV franchise.

0 Likes
Re: Fios internet but no TV?
jrich3000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the response - Isuspect you're right.