Fios internet setup -coax cable
Sk210

Hi Experts,

I have taken verizon fios 200 mbps plan for my apartment.

I just have coax cable in my home ,when i reached verizon customer care they said i dont need NOS box .

My router dosen’t have a coax cable slot.Does buying new router with coax slot resolve this.

let me know if am missing something.

Thanks

Sasi

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios internet setup -coax cable
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Sk2 wrote:

Hi Experts,

I just have coax cable in my home ,when i reached verizon customer care they said i dont need NOS box .

My router dosen’t have a coax cable slot.Does buying new router with coax slot resolve this.

Thanks

Sasi

Coax isn't going to help you. You need ethernet from the ONT for 200 mbps. If the ONT is in the basement you can connect the router to it with an ethernet patch cable to your router's WAN port. 

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not understanding your question or questions.

You just have coax cable running. Okay. Are you trying to extend the connections to the places other than where you put the router?

Are you subscribed to FiOS TV service?

Have a Verizon technician came to install the ONT yet?

If you are looking for a router with coax MoCA port, I would suggest buying G1100 from Amazon or Ebay. Used equipment are fine, I rarely see malfunctioning network devices. You may want to consider saving some money.

If you do not have Verizon DVR, your can keep your router at its place and buy MoCA adapters for the STBs.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Sk2 wrote:

Hi Experts,

Thanks

Sasi

Coax isn't going to help you. You need ethernet from the ONT for 200 mbps. If the ONT is in the basement you can connect the router to it with an ethernet patch cable to your router's WAN port.