Fios mobile app for ipad
rubbersoul1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hello,
The FIOS mobile app is not listing all the channels that should be listed on my ipad. Getting a message to connect to my FIOS home network for more channels. I am on my home FIOS network. The same app is working correctly on my iphone showing all the channels it is suppose to show. I've tried reinstalling the app with no success.
Regards
Jerry
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios mobile app for ipad
rubbersoul1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks to all for assistance. I reached out to FIOS app support and they re synced my account. All is well. If anyone needs to contact them, here is the address:
fiosappsupport@verizon.com

View solution in original post

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Does the Ipad have 4G? Maybe it is connecting to that and not the home wifi.

0 Likes
rubbersoul1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hi
Yes it has LTE but I am connecting on my wifi. I disabled the LTE

Thanks
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Are you using the WPA2 encryption and all the letters are capitalized?

0 Likes
rubbersoul1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes I am using WPA2. I am using the same wifi network for this app on my iphone. On the iphone , I get all the channels that I should be getting. Same app, wifi and FIOS login credentials. The app on my ipad for some reason thinks I am not on my home FIOS network, but I am. I disabled cellular network on my ipad also.

Thanks
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

0 Likes
rubbersoul1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes , I did try uninstalling than re- installing the app.

Thanks
0 Likes
VzeChica23

I have been having the same problem on my tablet. Look at the time, date and zone on your tablet and make sure they are correct.  After I corrected those three things the problem went away. I am now able to see more channels.

This should also work for anyone who is having problems where they are getting a message that their account can't be verified.

I hope that fixes your problem.

0 Likes
rubbersoul1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hello
The time zone was not set for automatic, I corrected that and re booted my ipad. Date, time and time zone are ok. I uninstalled the FIOS mobile app again and then reinstalled. Still no luck, on my wifi and I am still getting message to connect to your in home FIOS network for more channels. Strange as the app is working fine on the iphone. Same wifi network, all the same settings.

Thanks
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Do you have a multi router set up,  If the Verizon router is behind another router, then for some reason these things hiccup and you can't get them to work, or if you are doing advanced configurations with the verizon router, sometimes you might break something.

In general if you have the verizon router hooked directly to the Verizon ONT, and you are using the Right Wifi Credentials to connect the IPAD, and you are using the right credentials to view shows, then it should be working.

I have seen people try to connect to their linksys or 2ndary router, and not be able to do it, I am pretty sure you HAVE to be connected to the verizon one.

If you used that ipad on a previous serverice or had any major account changes, disconnects or reconnects, then maybe something is hosed on the back end of verizon's systems.    you'd have to talk to verizon to find that last part out though.

0 Likes