Fios out around midnight after service change
ImagineMBE
Yesterday, after 15 months of Fios Internet an TV (no phone!), I finally saw my first bill. Why I didn't ever see one before is another story...
Lo and behold, I was paying for the Internet Security Suite, something I hadn't asked for, didn't have any use for, and certainly didn't want.
So, I called Verizon up and told them to cancel it and, since I was now saving $6, to add Cinemax and complete my movie package.

Now, the Internet was certainly working around 10pm, but at about 1am, I couldn't get through.
When, at 4:30am, the service still wasn't working, I decided to give tech support a call.
While on hold, I decided to turn on the Fios TV, no service there either...
Tech guy has me unplug my battery backup and pull out the battery, when that doesn't work, he asks when he can send out a tech.
Now, with all the stuff I had to climb over and put my body on to get to that box, the lack of light and workspace, I know it would take at least a week for me to find the time to clear out room for a stranger to work in there...and this seems like WAY too much of a coincidence for it to have been caused by a "frayed wire".
The rep said the were experiencing outages/maintenance in NY and MA, but not in NJ where I am.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

(Sent painstakingly from my iPhone.)
0 Likes
Re: Fios out around midnight after service change
ImagineMBE
This did, actually, turn out to be a huge coincidence.
Some nasty bugger apparently cut the cable for my whole apartment complex.
Bravo for the Verizon techs who were here well past midnight running new wires.
0 Likes