Fios overcharge & misinform customers
Rajes

Fios overcharge & fios on-call misinform customers. I moved out of fios service area, I moved on July 31 2019, called fios customer on-call support on July 19 2019 they convinced me not to worry as fios only charge prorated (it recorded please check recordings). But once my billing cycle ended on July 25, 2019 they charged me for complete month for the usage of next 5 days in August 2019. & then started my nightmare with Fios support executives after lot of back & forth they agreed to raise a request in the system for partial refund subject to approval. After 2 billing cycle when I called today to check with on-call fios support agent said they no longer prorate the internet plan & its a mistake that our support executive misinformed you that it will be prorated !!! To my surprise the request for settlement is rejected & I can’t contest that anymore. I want my money back & reasonable apology from Fios why the customer support mislead us with wrong information. When it comes to payback the customer Fios just talk nonsense & saying its valid charge. How can it be valid if you only provided 5 days or service?.

0 Likes
Re: Fios overcharge & misinform customers
jonjones1
Legend

The price is for a whole month. If a customer leaves Verizon does not prorate. You could use the rest of the month or forfeit it. Verizon does not owe apologies for following their business practices.

additionally don't post your account information on any public forum.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Starting off, this is mainly a peer to peer support forum. Verizon does not act upon items posted here.

As most companies will say, the final ruling is the contract. In the case of FiOS it is the Residential Terms of Service (you can google and read it).

So while it is not good that their customer support didn't provide the correct info, they will stick by the contract.

It is my understadning is that most providers do not prorate any longer.

0 Likes
Rajes

If thats the case why fios customer support didn’t gave the correct information when I called on July 19th? I had enough time to place the disconnect request if given correct information. First fios on call support mislead customer by saying the usage is prorated not to worry & now fios charged for comple 31 days for the usage of 5 days. Why customer should pay for Fios on-call supports mistakes? You can go back & check the call records. The representative didn’t even placed the disconnection request in the system on 19th July, instead told me I will receive a call back from Fios which I never received. Do you think these are your standard Fios businesses practices ? Are these fair towards customers? Can you justify ?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The basic facts are most if not all providers have stopped the practice of pro rata of services. A customer pays for usages between say September 1 through September 30th. If I decide to move (Verizon didn't ask me to move) or decide to quit the service all together (Verizon did not ask to lose me as a customer) the service is live and ready to use. If the customer decided not to use it for the full paid for month, the customer loses the rest of the usage. Why would verizon have to give you say a 25 day refund?

verizon owes you no apology, they owe you no refund, they owe you the ability to use what you paid for. As far as call center people giving wrong information that may occur but has no real bearing on the issue of refunds, you could have asked for billing and I would take their word over a customer service rep on the basic line.

0 Likes