Fios quantum router to coax then coax to Ethernet to my pc
Jimmy1738

Hi, I just got internet. Verizon installed the router on my first floor and I want Ethernet in my second floor room but there isn’t any preexisting Ethernet wiring, however I have coaxial wiring. I did some reasearch and I found out that Moca adapters convert Ethernet to coaxial then back to Ethernet, however I see that the Verizon router that I’ve bought has a coax connection, maybe I can just get one moca adapter instead of two on both ends?

thanks

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios quantum router to coax then coax to Ethernet to my pc
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are using a Verizon router then yes you will only need one MoCA adapter. Just make sure the coax near the router and the second floor room are connected on the main coax splitter. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are using a Verizon router then yes you will only need one MoCA adapter. Just make sure the coax near the router and the second floor room are connected on the main coax splitter. 

smyb
Enthusiast - Level 1

It may be cheaper/simpler to get the network extender from Verizon (around $100). It has MOCA 2.0, two wired Ethernet ports, and 5 gHz wifi. Plus it will automatically do band steering with your g1100 router. Probably not the most powerful setup possible but easy to set up and reliable, at least for me.