Fios router billing question
snowflake292

Under my old Verizon Fios Acount, I was able to purchase my router through rental,  I paid the $4.99 rental payment a certain number of months until I purchased the router and the $4.99 payment disappeared.  When I moved and started a new account the saleswomen tricked me into renting a new router and I was under the impression I would purchase this router as well after a certain number of months.  Unfortunately this was not the case and when I tried to reup my contract they asked if I wanted to continue renting my router.  I was shocked and talked with the representative for almost two hours and went around in circles.  The representative whose name was Morgan was no help and did offer way to help.  I asked that he compare my old account to this account to explain the difference.  He promised to call back with an explanation and of course as usual did not.

All I want is to reup my two year contract with the same exact equipment but elminate the $4.99 monthly rental fee as I have paid more in rental fees then the router costs.  I cannot wait to move and end my Fios service.  They are the worst!!

0 Likes
Re: Fios router billing question
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can purchase the router outright and eliminate the monthly fee.

Or you can look on eBay and buy one for possibly even cheaper.

Re: Fios router billing question
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another note - If you do not subscribe to FiOS TV, you may also attach any router you want to the ONT by having Verizon enable the Ethernet port. Just note that Verizon won't provide much support for this setup. I'd go that route if you're tech savvy enough to handle the added responsibility.