Fios router in bridge mode
thorfrog
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just recently got fios 1Gb installed.  My setup is ONT to Verion router to my AC3100 router.  I use my ASUS router for my primary network.  The verizon router is used for connectivity only to the ASUS router and ONT.  When I do speed tests from my ASUS router via pc they are coming up between 350-425.  I was expecting 800+ for download.  Verizon did a speed test and claim my service is working at 1000Gb.  My guess is the verizon router is it's own NAT and that I should set this to bridge mode.  Would this cause any issues?  How can I set this to bridge mode?  Also for tv I use a multi-card with my tivo.  I don't use any verizon boxes for tv in the house.

0 Likes
Re: Fios router in bridge mode
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There isn’t really a bridge mode on the FiOS router. Since you don’t have a Verizon STB you could take out the FiOS router completely and just use the ASUS. But if you do that you’ll probably have to get ethernet from ASUS to the TiVo. Not sure if that would be an issue for you. 

Also as far a speed testing is concerned what sites do you use? If you use Speedtest.net make sure you try a couple different servers. Many servers on Ookla are not able to test a gig. And the tests you run are hardwired right?

0 Likes
Jimmy591

I also would like to put my CR1000A into bridge mode but I do have tv with one main box and three minis. I believe I need to keep the CR1000A in the mix in order to keep the tv guide and  on demand features. Is there a step by step guide to put the CR1000A into bridge mode. With the CR1000A in front I am no longer able to access on my camera system on my cell phone app. Thanks in adv

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes